directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: kerby client on Android for SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 00:58:58 GMT
Kerby was initiated with Android platform (Java environment) kept in mind, the client library
is rather lightweight and should be easy to port. We haven't got it done yet, if you would
have a try, the target module should be kerb-client (along with its deps). But if you meant
for a native (C/C++) client library, Kerby shouldn't be the case, and you can look at MIT
Kerberos.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vetter [mailto:bjvetter@hypori.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:51 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: kerby client on Android for SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome?

Anyone look at porting or using kerby to implement a SPNEGO authenticator for Chrome on Android?
The Chromium team enabled the configuration of external authenticators for their Android version
to support SPNEGO in particular. That said, there isn’t a kerberos client library available
on Android AFAIK.

Has anyone attempted to port kerby to Android? Any known gotchas or dependencies that also
need to be ported, or should I look at other alternatives for kerberos on Android?