directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prepare for 1.0.0-RC3
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:20:21 GMT
Le 27/07/16 à 08:52, Li, Jiajia a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> March 13, the 1.0.0-RC2 of Kerby was released. We're thinking about a new Kerby release(RC3).
> From Mar 13 to Jul 27, 60 JIRA issues were resolved, including following important features:
>
> 1. Kerby authorization support. Gerard and Richard provided the large patch
> 2. XDR support
> 3. Some remote kadmin API(add, delete and list)
> 4. Some important fixes for JWT pre-authentication and SimpleKdcServer
>
> I thinks the following issues should be solved before release:
> 1. Update the readme and javadoc
> 2. Do some tests of tools.
> What else did I miss here?
>
> How do you think about this?

Hi Jiajia,

this is all good news !

However, I would suggest strongly that for the next iteration of Kerby
(ie, 2.0 or whatever fits your need), you stop using RC when you add
features in the project. There is nothing wrong in releasing many
incremental versions (1.0, 2.0, 3.0..., à la Firefox/Chrome), even if
it's every few months. OTOH, cutting 3 RCs with added features is
conveying a mixed messages to users.

I'm not asking Kerby people to stop doing so know, the train is already
on its way, I'm just suggesting a different approach in the near future :-)

Many thanks and keep going the good work !