directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: About project site
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 06:31:50 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel for the details!

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 2:10 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Re: About project site

Le 29/01/16 03:18, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> I don't know the mentioned "CMS plugin" either. Would anyone give a hint? Thanks.

The CMS system in use at Apache works in two phases :
- first you commit your updates into SVN/git, and it is published on a staging site. You can
control the rendering before it gets visible to the world.
- then when you are happy with the result, you can publish it on the production site, using
a browser plugin

The description is on http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

Actually, it's not a plugin but a bookmarklet. This page
(https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark) explains how to install it (at the
bottom) :

"Please be sure to install the bookmarklet on your browser toolbar by either dragging and
dropping the ASF CMS <javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))>
link to your toolbar or by creating a new bookmark by either right-clicking on that link and
selecting "Bookmark this Link", or by opening a "New Bookmark" dialog screen from your browser's
menu and typing the following into the Location/URL field:

javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))"

This link allows you to browse the staging site edit it from the browser, and more important,
to publish it. (I actually never edited the staging site from the browser : the UI is way
to crude ;-)