directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: kadmin-remote branch
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:12:08 GMT
>> your initial message was "kadmin-remote branch is created for the remote kadmin support
work.".
My message here may be a little simple, but I based on the assumption and fact that we have
discussed quite much about the feature. It's not a simple fix, but rather a significant effort
that may take months.

>> why do we need a branch for something that deserves to be in trunk ? Or maybe it
does not deserve to be in trunk, but I don't see why. Can you explain us ?
I thought I had explained before and just don't know how to explain it better. It's not a
small fix or refactoring stuff, it may take months. It should be in trunk, because it evolves
faster. It's a common practice to do such things in a feature branch. Nothing needless to
say. The "deserve" word looks strange to me. The feature branch looks equally important in
my point of view.

Regards,
Kai