directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject How about kerby-common to put non-kerberos facility modules into
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 08:48:21 GMT
Hi folks,

I recently added a new module kerby-xdr under the root in kadmin-remote branch, which made
me believe that we will need a better container to contain such non-kerberos specific things.
Now we have under the root module:
benchmark/
build-tools/
docs/
kerby-asn1/
kerby-backend/
kerby-config/
kerby-dist/
kerby-kdc/
kerby-kdc-test/
kerby-kerb/
kerby-pkix/
kerby-provider/
kerby-tool/
kerby-util/
kerby-xdr/

they can be divided into three groups:
support:
benchmark/
build-tools/
docs/

non-kerberos facilities:
kerby-asn1/
kerby-config/
kerby-pkix/
kerby-util/
kerby-xdr/

kerberos:
kerby-backend/
kerby-dist/
kerby-kdc/
kerby-kdc-test/
kerby-kerb/
kerby-provider/
kerby-tool/

I thought support and Kerberos relevant would stay under the root, for non-kerberos related
facility modules better to have a container module to put them in.
How about kerby-common? Initially we used kerby-lib since haox but gave it up later during
reorganization. I thought we need to bring the similar structure back,
because as it's going, we'll come up more and more facility libraries. It's just introducing
a new container, and won't affect the module affects.

How would you think of this? Thanks.

Regards,
Kai