directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Reconsider how to layout kerby-pkix
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2016 12:44:59 GMT
After some investigation about how to layout the relationships among the children modules,
I thought it would be better to do the split after RC2 when we get PKINIT fully implemented
and thus have clearer ideas for the kerby-pkix module.

So for now I only removed the commons-ssl library from the module as cleanup to prepare for
the RC2 release.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:46 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reconsider how to layout kerby-pkix

Le 30/12/15 13:52, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Thanks for the comment Emmanuel.
>
>>> I would drop the 'pkix-' prefix, assuming the modules will be under the pkix
module anyway
> I understand this sounds good in a style (used by Directory main), though Kerby goes
in the other, you might check it in the kerby-kerb module and see its children. The style
is often seen in other projects, and hard to say which one is better, but one rational for
the Kerby style is, the child module may be separately referenced and mentioned by other projects
as standalone library so out of the parent context. So I would suggest we use the style consistently.

no problem at all. Go for kerby-xxx.