directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: About Jenkins building on a branch
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2016 20:27:31 GMT
Hi Kai,

On 01/17/2016 09:03 PM, Zheng, Kai wrote:
> Hi Stefan and Colm,
>
> There has been days that we haven't received any Jenkins building on the trunk branch
now. We need to bring it back ASAP.

We didn't receive anything because the build is successful, see [1] and
[2]. The jobs are configured that only build failures trigger a mail. I
think that makes sense to not flood our inboxes. Or do you want to
receive a mail on every build?

> Was this issue cause by the change from master to trunk, or the change of having build-tools?
>
> The involving of two steps in the release process for each release looks a bit complicated.

The issue I described doesn't apply to the snapshot build on Jenkins but
only when creating a release (I think). I don't think it's complicated
to handle, but may need a bit of trial-and-error. When do you plan to do
the next release? Then I'll try to help figuring out the right procedure.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Directory/job/dir-kerby/
[2]