directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kadmin-remote branch
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:35:21 GMT
Le 11/01/16 10:18, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> I don't quite understand your question. Apparently the codes are in some module(s), but
isn't relevant to the question that whether it should stay in trunk or a branch. Kadmin-remote
is a big new feature that involves significant new codes and currently it's still in its very
early phase, therefore I don't think we should do it in trunk.
I probably wasn't clear.

Even if it's a brand new piece of code, I don't see why it should be
seggregated to a branch, instead of being part of the trunk. Being in
trunk does not mean you have to build it with the other modules (enough
to comment it in the main pom), but having it in a branch froces the
developers to switch to the branches to build it. Having it in a branch
makes it painful because even if it's easy to switch from trunk to
branch and back, it's not the same story when it comes to teh IDE
integration (basically, you have to reimport the full project everytime
you switch).