directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AP-REP message
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2016 21:39:23 GMT
> Le 03/01/16 21:50, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> another class, another question ;-)
>>
>> (Note that this class is currently not used in Kerby (it will be at some
>> point, as this message is sent back to the client as a response to a
>> KRB-AP-REQ message when the mutual authent AP-Options is set).)
>>
>> We have a private EncAPRepPart encRepPart; filed defined. What is it
>> good for ? I suspect it's colliding with the ENC_PART field... if so,
>> can we get rid of it ?
> s/filed/field/
>
> Otherwise, same question for the AP-REQ message, field authenticator,
> which sounds spurious to me.

Looking a bit forward in teh code, I think (AFAOU) that those two fields
are used to store the decrypted version fo the field. And it sounds like
a bad idea ! The Authenticator is decrypted elsewhere, and immediately
used, then discarded. I don't think it's reasonnable to keep the
decrypted version in a data structure for a long time (here, as long as
the message instance will last.