directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Rename master branch to trunk and create 1.0.0-RC2 branch for the upcoming release
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:56:28 GMT
>>+1 to that.
Thanks.

>> Keep it to 1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT. this is what is going to be released.
>> Don't. It's done automatically when we cut the release.
Well, don't, which surely can be an option as we used to so far. But in someone's view, it
doesn't make much sense to use the upcoming release version for the trunk branch. I thought
trunk branch can point to a somewhat much future version as often seen in other projects.
A practical question would be, since trunk branch is exactly the branch we're going to release,
then where to put the codes that's not appropriate for the release yet?  In my proposed approach,
the trunk branch and upcoming release branch are decoupled as many projects do.

>> of cpurse we have one :
>>https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=directory-kerby.git;a=tag;h=4bea5b4979eab53e090bf051a25d1fb017512c55
Glad we can still track it. I don't see it when run 'git branch -a'. It's hard for users and
developers to find it out.

>> The release process will take charge of taht automatically. There is nothing you
need to do
I mean, there are some codes that are not mature for the upcoming release, and I need to remove
it out of the branch we're going to release upon.

Regards,
Kai