directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with the client API
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:56:30 GMT
> Thanks Kai!  We're making progress.  Here's the current stack trace:

> at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.request.AsRequest.getTicket(
> AsRequest.java:135)
>
> at
> org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.impl.DefaultInternalKrbClient.doRequestTgtTicket(
> DefaultInternalKrbClient.java:76)
>
> at
> org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.impl.AbstractInternalKrbClient.requestTgtTicket(
> AbstractInternalKrbClient.java:105)
>
> at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.KrbClient.requestTgtWithOptions(
> KrbClient.java:252)
>
> at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.KrbClient.requestTgtWithKeytab(
> KrbClient.java:194)
>
> at TestKerb.main(TestKerb.java:12)
>
> Looking at the kerberos messages over the wire it looks like its setting
> the realm to EXAMPLE.COM even though the krb5.conf file has
> "default_realm = RHELENT.LAN" which is causing the KDC to fail.  Trying to
> see if I can make that setting in the code instead of the krb5.conf file.
>
> Thanks
>

> I got a ticket!  Here's the code that worked:

KrbClient kerb = new KrbClient(new File("/Users/mlb/Documents/testkerb"));

kerb.init();

kerb.setKdcRealm("RHELENT.LAN");
TgtTicket tgt = kerb.requestTgtWithKeytab("HTTP/s4u.rhelent.lan@RHELENT.LAN",
new File("/Users/mlb/Documents/localdev.keytab"));

I'll open a jira ticket for the bug with the config so we can track it.

Thanks again!  now for the fun part.