directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Getting started with the client API
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:28:10 GMT
Hi Marc,

It looks like you didn't set the UDP/TCP port. Please note the NPE place. It would be good
to have a unit test for the API requestTgtWithKeytab you're going to use, but I don’t find
it (and maybe someone can add), though we do have similar ones for password credentials. But
I thought the basic setup should be very similar, if necessary please look at these existing
test codes and it's good to start with them.

My pleasure to help.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Boorshtein [mailto:mboorshtein@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:48 AM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Getting started with the client API

I'm getting started and trying to build my initial environment.  I'm not able to get the client
working so far.  Here's what I've done:

1.  Setup FreeIPA as both my directory and kerberos server 2.  Generated keytabs 3.  Configured
my /etc/krb.conf file (OSX) 4.  tested the keytab by running kinit:

$ kinit  -k -t /path/to/localdev.keytab -V HTTP/s4u.rhelent.lan@RHELENT.LAN

$ klist

Credentials cache: API:64E0151A-B708-4B43-B032-42B24DAEF251

        Principal: HTTP/s4u.rhelent.lan@RHELENT.LAN

5.  Checked out the latest from git and created a test project

6.  Tried running the following code:

KrbClient kerb = new KrbClient();

kerb.init();

TgtTicket tgt = kerb.requestTgtWithKeytab("HTTP/s4u.rhelent.lan@RHELENT.LAN",
new File("/path/to/localdev.keytab"));

I get the following exception:

at sun.nio.ch.Net.checkAddress(Net.java:96)

at sun.nio.ch.DatagramChannelImpl.connect(DatagramChannelImpl.java:722)

at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.transport.KrbUdpTransport.<init>(
KrbUdpTransport.java:42)

at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.transport.KrbNetwork.connect(
KrbNetwork.java:50)

at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.impl.DefaultInternalKrbClient.init(
DefaultInternalKrbClient.java:61)

at org.apache.kerby.kerberos.kerb.client.KrbClient.init(KrbClient.java:150)

at TestKerb.main(TestKerb.java:11)

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marc