directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Categorize KrbOption by adding group info
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:09:40 GMT
Le 20/11/15 10:52, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Thanks Emmanuel!
>
>>> I just find it easier to stick to the RFC ...
> Agree. Just forgot to mention that in the core we do stick to the specs and define those
types, like KdcOption. I would regard KrbOption(s) as the bridge or wrapper for the KrbClient
API to frontend and interact with users' applications.

I understand. Users might be confused by the various Enum, when they are
to pick the right one for the tool they use.

> Note I'm not thinking in the current codes the client API (including the KrbOption) is
defining ideally. Instead, it would be great to have it well reviewed and discussed before
a formal release. We do have enough time for that.

It's definitively a blured area. I don't like classes/enums with tens of
constants, it's a kind of a pain for users, but the alternative is not
clear to me...

Definitively something that worth a discussion, I'm not sure I would
stand on my position which is not perfect either...