directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Categorize KrbOption by adding group info
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:09:24 GMT
Le 20/11/15 10:03, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
>>> I'm not sure I see the point of having one gigantic Enum gathering all the possible
flags that we can set on any different kerberos element.
> Ok, got your point. Yeah, KrbOption is becoming big, including all kinds of options from
frontended mechanism (PKINIT, TOKEN ...), tools (KINIT, Kadmin), and so on. That may be basically
because KrbOption(s) accompany with KrbClient and KrbClient is full of all the client side
APIs. The centralized APIs may be easier to users to look for and use.

>>> that would make it more complex for coders to know where everything is coming
from and will disconnect the implementation from the RFC, making it harder to understand for
new comers that have the RFC in front of them.
> Agree. We should definitely improve this. For now we can add meaningful comments for
each group/set of options. Further refactoring and improvement are expected given more thinking
and ideas. Will keep this in mind.

Note that it's juts my opinion. I just find it easier to stick to the
RFC, instead of doing it 'à la Microsoft' (ie, redefining everything...)