directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Categorize KrbOption by adding group info
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:33:18 GMT
Le 20/11/15 01:44, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Hi Steve,
>
> Ref. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRKRB-458 you're going to add about 15 KDC
flags into KrbOption. As we discussed it sounds reasonable. Now here I'm considering it may
be good to categorize them or easily identify them as 'kdc flags', thus it would be much elegant
to pick them up and transform them to KdcRequest. How about adding a 'group' field to the
KrbOption enum? It could be done while you make the changes or we can do it separately. Thanks.

I'm not sure I see the point of having one gigantic Enum gathering all
the possible flags that we can set on any different kerberos element.
The specification has carefully categorized the various options in
different structures.

IMHO, that would make it more complex for coders to know where
everything is coming from and will disconnect the implementation from
the RFC, making it harder to understand for new comers that have the RFC
in front of them.

KISS...