directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction support for Kerby backend
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:24:05 GMT
Le 25/09/15 10:02, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Thanks Emmanuel for the good thoughts. You had a clear saying about what transaction
means. I will look down into existing Kerby backends considering how to define/refine the
transaction semantics. Generally, we would deligate transaction support to the underlying
system if the backend is just a thin wrapper to it; otherwise, like flat file based, we need
to come up a simple approach to support transaction and operations efficiently and reliably.
Will be back to this in some time later. Thanks.

Ideally speaking, you should be the one defining the transaction
frontiers (ie start and end). If the underlying backend does not support
that, then it's not the right backend, and yiu will have to workaround it.