directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Li, Jiajia" <jiajia...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Release preparation
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:39:52 GMT
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the detail guide, I will try to test.

Thanks
Jiajia

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Seelmann [mailto:mail@stefan-seelmann.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:31 AM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release preparation

On 08/25/2015 03:04 PM, Li, Jiajia wrote:
> I've removed some plugins declaration in the pom, because I don't know to how check whether
it is ok for cutting the release, so can you take some time to check?

Hi Jiajia,

you can test the release build by running the "dryRun". This shows at least if the release
build works.

You need a GPG key, for the "dryRun" you can use any but for a real release a strong one is
required [3].

You should also prepare your Maven settings.xml, [1] shows an example.

Then run the dryRun release build with

    mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -B

This runs a simulation of the release build, it generates lot of pom.xml.tag and pom.xml.next
that would be committed by the real release build. You can cleanup the generated files with

    mvn release:clean

You can also look into [1] how the release is done for the LDAP API, for Kerby it will look
similar. Further information about ASF wide release requirements can be found under [2], [3],
[4].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://directory.apache.org/api/developer-guide.html#maven-settings