directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Release preparation
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 03:11:58 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel!!

I'm sorry we missed so many places and we Kerby guys should have been more careful. Let we
fix these findings first.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2015 10:33 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release preparation

Le 22/08/15 15:45, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny
> <elecharny@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have started working on the first kerby release, and there are a
>> few things that need to be corrected.
>>
>> I already fixed the rat warnings (basically, .pmd, .pmdruleset.xml
>> and bin dir had to be ignored, and I added 2 headers in log4j.properies).
>>
>> I also added a scm tag in the main pom.xml.
>>
>> Now, the next thing is the version. I'm quite sure youwant to cut a
>> RC before a 1.0, so I guess the version should be 1.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT
>> instead of 1.0-SNAPSHOT in all the poms.
>>
>> +1

Ok, tehre are *many* things that go wrong when trying to cut a release.
I have fixed some of them, but it's far from over.

Typically, when building with Java 8, we get a hell lot of errors because of the missing Javadoc
(or incorrect part of it).

Then the project does not have the default apache pom parent. I have added it, but then a
lot of duplications occur.

I think there is a lot to do in order to clean the project before we are able to cut a release.
I'll check a bit of that later this week-end, but I suggest some of you try to run the javadoc
build with Java 8 and fix what's wrong.

Thanks !