directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Release preparation
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:31:26 GMT
On 08/25/2015 03:04 PM, Li, Jiajia wrote:
> I've removed some plugins declaration in the pom, because I don't know to how check whether
it is ok for cutting the release, so can you take some time to check?

Hi Jiajia,

you can test the release build by running the "dryRun". This shows at
least if the release build works.

You need a GPG key, for the "dryRun" you can use any but for a real
release a strong one is required [3].

You should also prepare your Maven settings.xml, [1] shows an example.

Then run the dryRun release build with

    mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -B

This runs a simulation of the release build, it generates lot of
pom.xml.tag and pom.xml.next that would be committed by the real release
build. You can cleanup the generated files with

    mvn release:clean

You can also look into [1] how the release is done for the LDAP API, for
Kerby it will look similar. Further information about ASF wide release
requirements can be found under [2], [3], [4].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://directory.apache.org/api/developer-guide.html#maven-settings
[2] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html