directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parent POM
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:21:13 GMT
Le 03/08/15 19:50, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> as we plan to do a release, I noticed that the Kerby parent POM does not
> inherit from another POM, neither the Directory project [1], nor the
> general ASF POM [2].
>
> When the plan is to move Kerby sooner or later to its own TLP it may not
> make sense to inherit from [1]. But at leasst [2] should be set as
> parent. It contains lot fo configuration required for releasing,
> including legal checks (apache-rat-plugin), source plugin for creating
> source JARS, GPG plugin for signing JARs, distribution managent, etc.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it's harmless to depend on the general pom. We can also make the
project depend from the 'project' parent pom, to ease the process, at
least for the very first release, as it already declares a hell lot of
dependencies, but I would agree that it's not necessary in the long run.

Your choice, guys !