directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Kerby benchmark issue related to ApacheDS
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:22:47 GMT
I got it, thanks for the detailed explanation. I had already corrected the codes and it works
fine now. I guess the performance overhead may be incurred by the fragment handling.

# Run complete. Total time: 00:00:29

Benchmark                             Mode  Cnt      Score      Error  Units
KrbCodecBenchmark.decodeWithApacheDS  avgt   10  10702.118 ± 1475.804  ns/op
KrbCodecBenchmark.decodeWithKerby           avgt   10  5833.663 ±  168.466     ns/op

By the way, in the following I will work out benchmarks for back ends and the KDC server,
using the JMH framework like above.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 2:06 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Kerby benchmark issue related to ApacheDS

Le 20/07/15 07:11, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Ah, right. I didn't notice the token to be decoded should be passed TWO times (though
not very natural to me).

We don't pass the toke twice. What you do is really a corner case : you decode a full buffer
in one pass.

The decoder takes two arguments :
- a buffer containing bytes
- a container that holds the on going decoding PDU

As we may have fragmented PDU, we need to be able to keep going with the decoding everytime
we receive some bytes, and thsi is why we pass teh first parameter ove rand over, untl we
have deocded the full PDU As we may have to decode inner PDU (as a Ticket inside an ApReqRequest,
for instance), we must accumulate the bytes in a buffer instead the container

In your case, the PDU is complete, so we simply store it fully in the container. When the
Ticket has been full read (it's a Single TLV), then we will be able to call the Ticket decoder
methods using the same Buffer, but starting at position 25, to decode the Ticket.