directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: New Horizons...
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 09:20:13 GMT
Very interesting!

>> we will soon have pictures of Kerberos
Maybe Kerby instead ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:45 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: New Horizons...

Hi guys !

it's a bit off topic, but still related somehow : we will soon have pictures of Kerberos,
one of the Pluto's moon ! Anyway, from a distance of 7 billion kms, at a speed of 49 000 km/h,
transmitted from the spaceship New Horizons at 1kb/s (yes, incredible how those guys are able
to guarantee such a bandwith that far from earth when you see how bad can be your mobile phone
communication when not close to an antenna...), here is some picture of Pluto :

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/06/new-horizons-pluto-pictures/

I'm thrilled by what human beings can achieve. Too bad that we spend so much intelligence,
money and time to make war instead of exploring the world...

Enjoy !