directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [backend] AbstractIdentityBackend interface
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 09:16:53 GMT
Le 01/07/15 10:31, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
>>> you should protect the cache no matter what, even the query part. What would
happen if you are reading the cache while another thread is reading it ?
> It's the same meaning with what I meant when said, "the LinkedHashMap should be protected
since there may be many querying that need to update the cache".

> In addition to that, I mentioned the two cases of using the backend APIs to explain why
those interface methods are not synchronized. I would add some comments about this later.

Probbaly some misunderstanding on my side...

What I wanted to say is that any method which manipulate the cache
(either for read or wraite) must be thread safe. I guess this is what
you have in mind to.

Also note that Synchronize is not necessarilly the best tool for that.
Locks could be good enough, and we can even thing about using a
ThreadLocalStorage to store the cache, so that we don't need any
synchronization at all (but the price is that you will eat more memory).

Thanks Kai !