directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [backend] AbstractIdentityBackend interface
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 08:03:45 GMT
Le 01/07/15 09:58, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Thanks Emmanuel for taking care of this and the comprehensive understanding! I thought
you're all right.

> As I said before, I'm totally OK to redesign and re-implement the cache support since
the original is a quick work and too simple. I thought both yours or Kiran's are good to me.

> Yes in the existing codes, the LinkedHashMap should be protected since there may be many
querying that need to update the cache. It's my fault not seeing this. Note most of the methods
don't need synchronized because the interface contains two parts of APIs, one is for KDC which
is mainly for querying, the other is for kadmin that's to add/update/delete entries. No concurrent
threads in kadmin would be used I guess.

you should protect the cache no matter what, even the query part. What
would happen if you are reading the cache while another thread is
reading it ?

> Yes again we need the Javadocs. Recently I'm revisiting some of the codes and refined
quite much. I'm going to revisit them again to add the missing Javadocs particularly for important
APIs. To avoid conflict with Kiran's effort I'm hesitating on the Identity backend part.

The best is to be sure any of the committers take care of it *before*
committing. I know it's a tedious task, but less than doing so afterward...