directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject PMD
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 09:02:46 GMT
Hi all,

I have finished with doing "PMD" fixes to Kerby and it is now enabled by
default. "PMD" (project mess detector) is a maven plugin which runs every
time you do a mvn compile/test/install. The build will fail if it detects a
violation (for example, unused variables etc.). It keeps the source tidy
and helps eliminate bugs.

I added two new maven profiles:

mvn -Pnochecks - This skips PMD. Useful if you are just testing some local
changes.
mvn -Pfastinstall - This skips both PMD and running the tests.

You can disable PMD in the code itself by either a "// NOPMD" comment, or
else
via an annotation "@SuppressWarnings("PMD")". This should be avoided if at
all possible. I disabled PMD on the 3rdparty stuff until we decide what to
do with it.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder