directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pull Requests (or patches) from those without iCLAs
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:46:45 GMT

Le 19/07/2018 à 14:54, Moyer, Steven William a écrit :
> What are the guidelines for accepting code via PR or patch coming from individuals without
an iCLA?

We accept the PR as is, not requesting a iCLA from their authors.

"Yes, that opinion comes from me speaking as a board member and
author of the Apache License, and has previously been cleared
with Apache's legal team for a long ago discussion with Incubator.
We don't need a CLA on file to accept contributions from non-committers.
We just need a clear intent by the author to contribute under
our normal terms."

(from
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-infrastructure-dev/201112.mbox/%3CA603FFCE-623B-43E9-87F8-39BAA51C72D1@gbiv.com%3E)

One thing you can do though is to add the email and name of the people
submitting the PR in your commit comment.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org