directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slack
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:51:59 GMT
Just to be clear: The ASF works through mailing lists. Having a side
channel, and especially a synchronous one like slack is a bit playing
against community.

The main reason is that many of us aren’t living on the same TZ, and we do
have a side job, a familly, and we can’t really join a live discussion and
participate when it occurs, even when it has been scheduled.

This is the reason The ASF considers that ´if it hasn’t happened on a
mailing list, it does not exist’.  Also consider that companies’ firewalls
are often blocking such channels...

So if you really want to use such a tool, do it sparsely, and *always* send
a feedback on the mailing list. Keep in mind that *no* decision should be
made on such channel too.

Yeah, I know, 2018, tada yada ;-) Still, this is for the good of the
project, and its community!

Thanks!

--
Regards,