directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emmanuel Lecharny (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DIRSERVER-2235) After renaming an entry in ApacheDS, the directory loses the new entry
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:38:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2235?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16507440#comment-16507440
] 

Emmanuel Lecharny commented on DIRSERVER-2235:
----------------------------------------------

Ok, got it.

The {{rename}} operation works, it's 100% guarantee. The problem is different : your database
is likely to be broken.

Here is what I would suggest :
* first try to apply the very same operation on a brand new LDAP database (ie start a new
server, inject the original data and do a rename). That should work.
* second, try to restart the 'broken' ldap server using the {{repair}} command instead of
{{start}}. It will trying to re-calculate all the indexes based on the master table, containing
the entries. It's likely to work better.

FTR, we are working on a fix for this problem (and actually the current trunk, aka {{2.0.0-M25-SNAPSHOT}})
should already have a safer database.

Let me know if the two steps are giving teh expected result, otherwise we will have to investigate
more.

Thanks ! 

> After renaming an entry in ApacheDS, the directory loses the new entry
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRSERVER-2235
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2235
>             Project: Directory ApacheDS
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0-M20, 2.0.0-M24
>         Environment: Debian Linux, x64
>            Reporter: Roland Szabó
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: tesztelek.ldif
>
>
> When I rename an entry in our directory, the old entry is still returned in searches
but it cannot be read. The new entry exists, but only when referred directly by its DN. I
have to restart the server to clean this mess up.
> I tried to use the rename operation in JNDI, then I switched to the ApacheDS LDAP-API,
but both method results in the same problem. We use the CN attribute as the RDN, and after
renaming, the CN attribute of the entry is all lowercase, however the DN maintains the correct
casing. If I update the CN attribute to the correct case, I can use the rename operation on
the entry 1 more time. If I also close the connection between rename operations, I can rename
the same entry 1 more time, but then it fails again.
> I tried to upgrade from M20 to M24, but the problem is still there.
> I do not really understand the reason...



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message