directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Create partitions w/o restart
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 00:12:22 GMT

Le 05/01/2018 à 21:21, Michael Dzuba a écrit :
> Is it possible to create new partition without restarting the server?

No, at least when using the standalone server. You can do that
programatically when using the embedded ApacheDS, but that's not what
you want to do, it seems.

> How many partitions I can create? How it affect performance?

You can create as many partition as you want. From the performance POV,
it's pretty much the same thing as if you had one single partition,
except that the server will have to find out which partition you are
addressing : a minor impact, you won't be able to see the difference.

> Full story looks like … we are looking for possibility to use ApacheDS
> for save information about our clients. Each client is organization,
> count of clients – thousands. There are two options:
> - save all information about all customers into one partition
> - isolate each customer in separate partition
> Which approach is more appropriate for this case?

I would pick option 2.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com