directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribution to the LDAP API Project Documentation
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:32:45 GMT

Le 04/01/2018 à 12:14, Gunwant Singh a écrit :
> Hi Team,
>
> I am never contributed to Apache projects and I am new here. I have IT
> (non-development) experience of 15 years and would like to contribute to
> this project.

You are very welcome !

> I don't have much knowledge on this project but I know basic details of
> LDAP and how software projects work. I checked the Apache Directories
> project and came to know about the documentation work available for LDAP
> API.
>
> Please help me how I can contribute.

This is quite simple. If you look at the website
(http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide.html), you may
notice that many pages are either incomplete (..) or empty (e). The idea
is to pick teh page you feel comfortable with filling the gaps, and
submit the missing text. The best would be to subscribe to JIRA
(http://directory.staging.apache.org/issue-tracking.html) and more
specifically to https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DIR, and to
create an issue for each page you want to contribute, like :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-324?jql=project%20%3D%20DIR%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

If you have any question, feel free to post on teh dev list !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org