directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2017 09:07:58 GMT
On 12/21/2017 10:06 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> lokking at the latest commits, I see :
>

> [directory-ldap-api] 01/01: Merge branch 'master' into shared-value
>
> and
>
> from 19af188  Merge branch 'master' into apacheds-value
>

> Should I understand you merged the trunk with the value branch for both
> the API and ApacheDS ? or is the Master also contain the value branch
> updates ?

I did the following:

1. git checkout shared-value
2. git merge -s ours master
3. git checkout master
4. git merge shared-value

In (2) I merged the master (trunk) into the value branch using the
"ours" merge strategy which means the value branch head wins, see [1]
for details. Then in (4) the result was merged back to master,
unfortunately I did a fast-forward merge so no explicit commit
value->master is visible.

But yes, the master branches contain all changes of the value branches.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://git-scm.com/docs/git-merge#git-merge-ours