directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Visual way to identify "disabled" users
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 07:25:38 GMT
Hi,

The problem is that there is no standard way how to disable a user in
LDAP. Some LDAP servers have proprietary attributes for this. And some
servers (such as OpenLDAP) have no good way to do this at all. Therefore
there the studio has to support many algorithms and it may even need
custom extensions to support this properly.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect

On 10/03/2017 03:23 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a directory containing current users, as well as historical accounts that are
disabled but still present.

> We’d like to be able to see at glance which accounts are “live” and which are “disabled”
to stop people asking about disabled accounts.

> Does Apache DIrectory Studio have a mechanism where objects in a “disabled” state
are marked as such in the UI? (For example, maybe they’re displayed with a strikethrough,
etc etc)