directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 22:43:20 GMT
On 10/01/2017 11:46 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 01/10/2017 à 21:19, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> For API, server, and studio we have the "value" branches. Should we
>> merge them back to trunk/master?
>
> Actually, the simpler move would be to make the value branches the new
> trunk. I took care of forward-porting any change made in
> API/apacheds/studio into the equivalent Value branch.

For API, as we already use git, that means force push the shared-value
branch to origin/master I guess? I think the cleaner way is to use "git
merge -s ours" [1]. I tested and it seems to work.

For studio and apacheds as they are still in SVN we can do that. But I
hope the git mirrors like such a move because we want to use them then
for git migration.

>> Second question is if we should move to git/gitbox with all the
>> remaining projects (server, studio, mavibot, project)
>
> That would make sense to me.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16171813/how-can-i-overwrite-not-merge-one-remote-branch-into-another-branch