directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 20:12:46 GMT
On 10/03/2017 09:57 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On 10/02/2017 10:50 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

>>> The other option is to move to git first.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>> Studio has been released, it's a good timing to have it migrated to git.
>> The remaining parts are :
>> - project (no brainer)
>> - apacheds ( I still have a few commits to apply, but that would be fast)
>> - kerberos-client (no brainer)
>> - checkstyle-configuration (no brainer)
>> - junit-addons (no brainer)
>> - apacheds-manuals (unused)
>> - ldap-api-manuals (unused)
>> - jdbm (no brainer)
>> - mavibot ( have some pending modifications for this one)
>> - skins (no brainer)
>> - docker (no brainer)
>
> Ok, let's do it.

Hm, thinking a bit longer...

So separate git repos for
- project
- apacheds
- studio
- jdbm
- mavibot
makes sense.

But does it make sense to create a separate repos for all the helper
projects (checkstyle-configuration, junit-additions, skins, docker)? Or
should we move them into a common repo. Currently they anyway live
within a common "buildtools" folder [1]

We drop the apacheds-manuals and ldap-api-manuals because those manuals
are now maintained in the CMS, right?

What about kerberos-client? There is no change since 2008 and Kerby took
over, right?. I'd rather move it to our "deceased" folder.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/buildtools/