directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Harish.Sathyanara...@virtustream.com>
Subject RE: EntryFilteringCursor question
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 18:10:56 GMT
Are you mentioning the usage of EntryCursorAdaptor at the client or the server. At the server
I am using EntryFilteringCursorImpl
Example:   "  return new EntryFilteringCursorImpl(cursor, null, null);  "

At the client are you suggesting to receive the response (EntryCursor) and wrap it in EntryCursorAdaptor?

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 2:04 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Re: EntryFilteringCursor question

Le 01/09/2017 à 19:26, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Yes, that what I am doing but my client is throwing
> ERR_02014_UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION The method
> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.EntryCursorImpl.beforeFirst() is not supported'
>
> my simple client code is 	Entry cursor = connection.search(searchDn, "(objectclass=*)",
SearchScope.SUBTREE);

You are not using the correct cursor implementation. Interceptors must use the EntryFilteringCursor
interface, which is not implemented by the EntryCursorImpl. Use a EntryFilteringCursorImpl,
or a EntryCursorAdaptor instance to wrap your results.

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and confidential,
and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting the email and its attachments
from all computers without copying or disclosing it.