directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP API svn migration : update
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:08:38 GMT
Ok, I simply closed my computer lid, and when I opened it again, I had this
message :

Initializing parent: refs/remotes/origin/tags/0.9.5.2@380189
Can't create session: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf': Error running context: Network is down
at
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/share/git-core/perl/Git/SVN.pm
line 2053.

At this point, I have no idea how to resume the process (I have tried a git
svn fetch, as it seems to be the way to go, to no avail :/)

At this point, I consider this is a complete failure, and I'm not willing
to restart a full import. I will check with Infra if I missed a step, or if
I can run the same command without having to depend on a remote repository
(I suspect svn2git is trying to fetch any single commit from the remote
repo, many times), and let you know
if it worths trying it.

Otherwise, I suggest we start with a clone of the current trunk (or the
value branch, which contain really import fixes), and keep the svn repo in
rw mode for any bug fix we may have to release in the next months.

More to come later...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,