directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Li, Jiajia" <jiajia...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Switch to git for Apache LDAP API 2.0
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:23:27 GMT
+1

Thanks,
Jiajia

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 4:17 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: [Vote] Switch to git for Apache LDAP API 2.0

Hi guys,

"It was the best *of* times, it was the worst *of* times" (Dickens)

it's a pretty big change : switching away from SVN to git. We are using svn from the very
beginning, so to speak 14 years, and it's probablu time to use a more efficient and modern
VCC system. To most of you, that should be a no brainer, and we already have a few sub-projects
using git at Diectory (Fortress, kerby).

However, I think it's important to get this vote out, as it's gong to impact the project as
a whole.

Note that it will just be for teh API atm, but the other projects will most certainly migrate
sooner or later (ApacheDS, Studio, Mavibot and teh site)

So :

[ ] +1 : switch Apache LDAP API to git

[ ] +/-0 : I don't mind

[ ] -1 : Keep going with SVN

-1 is not a veto, feel free to speak your mind. The idea is to be sure we are all on the same
page here : I don't feel compelled to switch, but I do think it would make it easier for us
to work on the project, and for external users to push PRs.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com