directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Ing <ing.d...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Is there an easy way to bypass that Tanuki wrapper?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 23:50:48 GMT
I deploy ApacheDS inside of a Docker container with my own set of scripts.
Ideally I could just configure log4j to log to stdout (this feeds nicely
into my Docker logging system).  Unfortunately, the Tanuki wrapper blocks
anything going to 'stdout'.

Is there an alternative way that I can start apacheds which bypasses the
wrapper altogether?

Perhaps you have a jar-with-dependencies in Nexus somewhere that I can just
call.  If so, what is the Maven coordinate?

BTW ... I tried the toggling the Tanuki property "wrapper.console.direct",
but it didn't work.  Here are some notes from my wrapper.conf file:

# According to Tanuki documentation:
#   When set to TRUE, the Wrapper will make use of Windows APIs to
write console log output to the console window.
#   When FALSE, the Wrapper works like UNIX in that it writes the
output to the stdout or stderr pipes. Writing to pipes
#   makes it possible to redirect the output into another application.
If you redirect to a file or another application
#   then this rendering speed hit can be avoided. The default value is "TRUE".
# If the documentation was correct this should be FALSE to redirect
output from the JVM to stdout.  However this setting
# does not appear to work correctly.
wrapper.console.direct=FALSE