directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed to publish wiki change
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:55:29 GMT

Le 29/06/2017 à 11:03, Brian Burch a écrit :
> Stefan has kindly helped me jump through several hurdles, so I
> successfully committed a small change to the Advanced User Guide
> (correcting invalid markdown for urls inside a table). I edited the
> text and used svn to update the site source.
>
> I can login to the staging directory and see my change has had the
> expected effect, so now I want to publish it to the production site.
>
> I have been very confused by the CMS "help" pages, but think I am
> doing mostly the correct things.
>
> I created a google chrome bookmark containing the cms bookmarklet. I
> navigated to the updated page in the staging site. I activated the
> bookmarklet while on the page and entered my credentials. I selected
> the "publish" hyperlink and was taken to the publish page.
>
> When I click the "diff" button, nothing happens and the request never
> completes.
>
> When I crossed my fingers and hit the "submit" button (after adding a
> commit message", it took several minutes and eventually congratulated
> me on my update. However, when I was taken to the public page it had
> not been changed!

Actually, it did change :-)

The thing is that the public site might not be updated immediately, but
at a differed time (like every 30 minutes).

So now, if you go to
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/4.2-authorization.html,
you can see your changes !

Yes, I know, it's a bit complictaed, but it seems you successuly
navigated through the maze, thank you for that !Brian

> p.s. Several apache projects actually put the recipe for their
> specific web sites on their wiki, but those I looked at don't really
> say anything different to the cms reference that I was trying to follow.

At this point, it might be useful for us to add a page explaining how to
update the web site...

Many thanks Brian !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny