directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>
Subject Re: Help needed to publish wiki change
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 00:24:27 GMT
On 30/06/17 00:45, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> Le 29/06/2017 à 15:39, Brian Burch a écrit :
>>
>>> So now, if you go to
>>> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/4.2-authorization.html,
>>> you can see your changes !
>>
>> No I couldn't!!! I copied your url above into a new browser window and
>> the "bad" markdown was still there...
>>
>> I was just about to tell you about the problem and I remembered the
>> browser might have cached the page (for 5 hours?)... so I did
>> shift/reload and was VERY relieved to see the hyperlinks were then
>> properly displayed... and they worked as originally intended.
>
> I should have told you to do so. I almost wrote it, but I told myself
> 'nah, it should not be the problem'... Because, to be frank, I'm not
> sure that there is any delay nowdays when you publish the site (that was
> the case years ago when we were using Confluence to manage teh web site,
> and published it through a script).

Perhaps I chose a bad time of day or day of week? (UTC 0600-0700 is
1700-1800 in QLD - might have been backups or similar?)

That might explain why my "diff" on the publish page never completed
(>30 minutes) on either of the machines that I tried, as well as why
there was a long delay with the publish before the "success" message.
Perhaps there is yet another "stage" because I read that "publish"
pushes the complete web site from staging to production, not just a diff.

Anyway.. all's well that ends well!