directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M24 release
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 21:03:13 GMT
On 06/05/2017 10:34 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> Le 04/06/2017 à 15:28, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> On 06/03/2017 09:31 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>
>>> - Distribution packages and sources :
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/apacheds/2.0.0-M24/
>> I don't see Windows (exe) and Linux (deb, rpm) "installers". But I'm ok
>> with skipping them :)
>
> I just generated them. It was just that Sierra (and el-capitan before)
> moved some of the tools needed to build packages in another directory
> (from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin). I though it was enough to create a
> symlink, but Mac OSX now forbid you to do that (and if you think being
> root on the machine allows you to do that, f... you).
>
> The solution : launch the installers with an extra property :
>
> mvn clean install -Pdebian -Dinstallers.dpkg=<path to the dpkg installer>
>

> I have updated the doco to explain how it works...

The debian packages look weird. They are 91MB in size while the other
installers are only 19MB. I looked into them and every file exists 4
times within the deb packages (data.tar.xz). Seems to be a
packaging/arhviving issue. But still they work, when installed each file
exists (obviously) only once in filesystem.

Otherwise zip, tar.gz, bin (64bit), rpm (64bit) look good and Docker
based tests succeeded. Event Windows installer worked on Windows 10 :)

Thanks,
Stefan