directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M24 release
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 08:34:33 GMT

Le 04/06/2017 à 15:28, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 06/03/2017 09:31 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> - Distribution packages and sources :
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/apacheds/2.0.0-M24/
> I don't see Windows (exe) and Linux (deb, rpm) "installers". But I'm ok
> with skipping them :)

I just generated them. It was just that Sierra (and el-capitan before)
moved some of the tools needed to build packages in another directory
(from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin). I though it was enough to create a
symlink, but Mac OSX now forbid you to do that (and if you think being
root on the machine allows you to do that, f... you).

The solution : launch the installers with an extra property :

mvn clean install -Pdebian -Dinstallers.dpkg=<path to the dpkg installer>

I have updated the doco to explain how it works...

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org