directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M24 release
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 21:44:21 GMT

Le 06/06/2017 à 23:03, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 06/05/2017 10:34 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

>>> I don't see Windows (exe) and Linux (deb, rpm) "installers". But I'm ok
>>> with skipping them :)
>> I just generated them. It was just that Sierra (and el-capitan before)
>> moved some of the tools needed to build packages in another directory
>> (from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin). I though it was enough to create a
>> symlink, but Mac OSX now forbid you to do that (and if you think being
>> root on the machine allows you to do that, f... you).
>>
>> The solution : launch the installers with an extra property :
>>
>> mvn clean install -Pdebian -Dinstallers.dpkg=<path to the dpkg installer>
>>

>> I have updated the doco to explain how it works...
>>
> The debian packages look weird. They are 91MB in size while the other
> installers are only 19MB. I looked into them and every file exists 4
> times within the deb packages (data.tar.xz). Seems to be a
> packaging/arhviving issue. But still they work, when installed each file
> exists (obviously) only once in filesystem.

Weird. I agree, the package is way too big, compared to the previous
versions. It also took way longer than before to generate it, so there
might be an issue somwhere.

I don't think we touched anything in the installers recently, so the
only think that come to mind is that I'm not using the same dpkg since I
switched to Sierra.

I will investigate.

> Otherwise zip, tar.gz, bin (64bit), rpm (64bit) look good and Docker
> based tests succeeded. Event Windows installer worked on Windows 10 :)

Thanks Stefan !

I'll close the releases tonite :-)

--
Emmanuel Lecharny