directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0 release
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 04:55:51 GMT
On 02/06/17 10:01, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    This is a vote for the final release candidate of the 1.0.0 LDAP
> API/Shared.
>
> This is a bug fix release, and mainly a closure of the 1.0 version.
>
> One critical bug has been fixed :
>
>   Bugs :
> ------
>
>    * [DIRAPI-227<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>] -
>      Bind user dn and password sent in clear after receiving PROTOCOL_ERROR
> during ldaps connection <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>
>
> Some fixes have also been applied in the syntex-checkers, which are now immutable.
>

> The revision :

I apologise if I am being a bit stupid. I realise Emmanuel has been
working hard and I wanted to help test the new release. I used the
details below but it wasn't successful for me...

> The SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0
> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2>

I ran:

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2

within the newly-created 1.0.0-RC2 directory:-

At revision 1797317.

I note this is NOT "1797299" as mentioned above!

mvn compile

fails in:-

[INFO] Apache Directory API OSGi Integration Tests ........ FAILURE [
6.595 s]

with the following detailed error message:-

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:copy-dependencies
(default) on project api-integ-osgi: Artifact has not been packaged yet.
When used on reactor artifact, copy should be executed after packaging:
see MDEP-187. -> [Help 1]

I noticed the problems associated with OSGI, so I don't know whether my
symptoms are a loose end from you fixing the earlier problems, or simply
that I have misunderstood how to test the API release candidate prior to
the full apacheds release.

If it isn't too much trouble at such a busy time, I would appreciate a
little help to be able to contribute to the vote.

TIA,

Brian