directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M24 release
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 06:10:46 GMT

> The two disks are identical and configured as a linux soft RAID array.
> They are Hitachi HDS721010CLA332s - 1 Tb 7200 rpm.

I'm sure that's the cause. I also tried to build ApacheDS on a server
with spinning disks, and it takes forever. I assume that we just do too
many sync's when writing data to disk during the tests.

@Emmanuel: Is it possible to disable sync-on-write?

> To make matters more depressing, I decided to do a clean checkout of M24
> on my laptop, which is super-slow by comparison. That failed much
> earlier (goal apacheds-core-api - missing dependencies) and I will post
> those details separately when I get back home again in a couple of hours
> from now.

That's probably another reason: The API 1.0.0 which ApacheDS M24 depends
on is not yet available in public Maven repo. On your other machine you
built it yourself and thus it's in you local maven repo.

> (It isn't too late to fire me from the developers team!! I wanted to
> help, but it doesn't look like I am yet!)

Don't be depressed, your feedback is very helpful! It shows that our
software is too big and the build is too complex etc. (but I don't know
how to improve and too less time...)

Kind Regards,
Stefan