directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0 release
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:07:36 GMT
On 02/06/17 18:33, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> Le 02/06/2017 à 06:55, Brian Burch a écrit :
>> On 02/06/17 10:01, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     This is a vote for the final release candidate of the 1.0.0 LDAP
>>> API/Shared.
>>>
>>> This is a bug fix release, and mainly a closure of the 1.0 version.
>>>
>>> One critical bug has been fixed :
>>>
>>>    Bugs :
>>> ------
>>>
>>>     * [DIRAPI-227<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>] -
>>>       Bind user dn and password sent in clear after receiving
>>> PROTOCOL_ERROR during ldaps connection
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-227>
>>>
>>> Some fixes have also been applied in the syntex-checkers, which are
>>> now immutable.
>>>

>>> The revision :
>>
>> I apologise if I am being a bit stupid. I realise Emmanuel has been
>> working hard and I wanted to help test the new release. I used the
>> details below but it wasn't successful for me...
>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1797299&view=rev
>>>

>>> The SVN tag:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0
>>> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2>
>>
>> I ran:
>>
>> svn checkout
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2
>
> sorry, bad copy/paste from my side :/ The tag is :
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0, not
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2
>

>> within the newly-created 1.0.0-RC2 directory:-
>>
>> At revision 1797317.
>>
>> I note this is NOT "1797299" as mentioned above!
>>

>> mvn compile
>>
>> fails in:-
>>
>> [INFO] Apache Directory API OSGi Integration Tests ........ FAILURE [
>> 6.595 s]
>>
>> with the following detailed error message:-
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goalUbuntu 17.04
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:copy-dependencies
>> (default) on project api-integ-osgi: Artifact has not been packaged
>> yet. When used on reactor artifact, copy should be executed after
>> packaging: see MDEP-187. -> [Help 1]
>>
>> I noticed the problems associated with OSGI, so I don't know whether
>> my symptoms are a loose end from you fixing the earlier problems, or
>> simply that I have misunderstood how to test the API release candidate
>> prior to the full apacheds release.
>>
>> If it isn't too much trouble at such a busy time, I would appreciate a
>> little help to be able to contribute to the vote.
 >
> please retry with the correct tag, you should get better result !

Yes, much better!

I ran "mvn install", but it still comes up with two "failures":-

[INFO] Apache Directory API OSGi Integration Tests 2 ...... SKIPPED
[INFO] Apache Directory LDAP API Distribution ............. SKIPPED

Is that as expected?

If yes, then I'll vote with +1

under:-

   openjdk version "1.8.0_131"

   Ubuntu 17.04 zesty

   GNU/Linux 4.10.0-21-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP x86_64

I hope that is helpful. I don't have time at the moment to do any
additional tests, but I'll do more with the server release when it is
available.

Bon vacances, Emmanuel,

Thanks, too!

Brian