directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release API, Server, Studio
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 01:51:04 GMT


Le 28/05/2017 à 22:36, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 05/28/2017 10:21 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>>
>> Le 28/05/2017 à 21:15, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> in order to release a new Studio version we also need to release the API
>>> and the server first because Studio trunk currently depends on snapshots
>>> of both.
>>>
>>> Are there any blockers of releasing API and server?
>> I'll do a quick JIRA check tonite, and give you a status. I'm not sure
>> we have a blocker on the API, we just have to be sure the changes made
>> in ApacheDS related to the restart/repair are ok for all the OS. I guess
>> we already have some docker instance checking such things.
> Yes, there is a Jenkins job [1] that tests the installers (zip, tgz,
> bin, deb).
>
> But now I remember there is one thing I wanted to check, if we
> gracefully shut down ApacheDS, or just kill the process (especially on
> Windows).
>
>>> Should we release another RC of the API, or is it ready for GA?
>> I *think* we could go with a GA now.
> Ok, cool.


Hmmm, bugs like DIRAPI-227 makes me think that we should wait before
going with a GA. There is also another fix in MINA that should be made
whoch will fix DIRAPI-149.

That would be the two important issues to be fixed before we cut a
1.0-G1, IMO (I just checked the other issues, and I don't think any of
them would be problematic for a 1.0)

So 1.0.0-RC3 for the moment, as I won't have time to fix MINA and cut a
release before this week-end...

-- 
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org


Mime
View raw message