directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release API, Server, Studio
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 09:35:38 GMT
I have successfully bumped up the dependencies version, for API and
ApacheDS. I will start the release tonite.

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 4:39 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
wrote:

>
>
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 3:51 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Le 28/05/2017 à 22:36, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> > On 05/28/2017 10:21 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Le 28/05/2017 à 21:15, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> >>> Hi all,
>> >>>
>> >>> in order to release a new Studio version we also need to release the
>> API
>> >>> and the server first because Studio trunk currently depends on
>> snapshots
>> >>> of both.
>> >>>
>> >>> Are there any blockers of releasing API and server?
>> >> I'll do a quick JIRA check tonite, and give you a status. I'm not sure
>> >> we have a blocker on the API, we just have to be sure the changes made
>> >> in ApacheDS related to the restart/repair are ok for all the OS. I
>> guess
>> >> we already have some docker instance checking such things.
>> > Yes, there is a Jenkins job [1] that tests the installers (zip, tgz,
>> > bin, deb).
>> >
>> > But now I remember there is one thing I wanted to check, if we
>> > gracefully shut down ApacheDS, or just kill the process (especially on
>> > Windows).
>> >
>> >>> Should we release another RC of the API, or is it ready for GA?
>> >> I *think* we could go with a GA now.
>> > Ok, cool.
>>
>>
>> Hmmm, bugs like DIRAPI-227 makes me think that we should wait before
>> going with a GA. There is also another fix in MINA that should be made
>> whoch will fix DIRAPI-149.
>>
>> That would be the two important issues to be fixed before we cut a
>> 1.0-G1, IMO (I just checked the other issues, and I don't think any of
>> them would be problematic for a 1.0)
>>
>
> I double checked, the bug has been fixed in MINA 2.0.15, and we are using
> a newer version in trunk, so I closed DIRAPI-227.
>
> So I think we are ready for a GA, finally :-)
>
>
> I'll upgrade a few dependencies :
> org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.framework ........... 5.6.1 -> 5.6.4
> org.ops4j.pax.exam:pax-exam-container-forked ......... 4.9.2 -> 4.11.0
> org.ops4j.pax.exam:pax-exam-junit4 ................... 4.9.2 -> 4.11.0
> org.ops4j.pax.exam:pax-exam-link-mvn ................. 4.9.2 -> 4.11.0
> ch.qos.logback:logback-classic ........................ 1.1.8 -> 1.2.3
> and cut a release this week.
>
> Thanks !
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com
>



-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Mime
View raw message