directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pittman, Michael" <mpitt...@harris.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] EntryCursor hangs when search ApacheDS with SSL/TLS
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 16:46:04 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to harden my system by implementing SSL/TLS encryption between my client and ApacheDS
server. I'm running into the issue where once I use LDAPS or startTLS, then when I go to search
ApacheDS it hangs on the EntryCursor.next(). I'm able to create the LdapNetworkConnection
without any ssh handshake errors, but when I start looping through the entry cursor it will
randomly hang and never timeout. Once I go back to not using encryption everything starts
to work again.

I'm using a selfsigned cert that I generated with java keytool.

I am using the latest versions of ApacheDS and of the Apache Ldap client API. I'm happy to
provide you any information you need to help me debug this issue.

Any help to get me on the right track is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Pittman
Software Engineer
CRITICAL NETWORKS / HARRIS CORPORATION