directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] EntryCursor hangs when search ApacheDS with SSL/TLS
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 20:03:37 GMT

Le 15/05/2017 à 18:46, Pittman, Michael a écrit :
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to harden my system by implementing SSL/TLS encryption between my client and
ApacheDS server. I'm running into the issue where once I use LDAPS or startTLS, then when
I go to search ApacheDS it hangs on the EntryCursor.next(). I'm able to create the LdapNetworkConnection
without any ssh handshake errors, but when I start looping through the entry cursor it will
randomly hang and never timeout. Once I go back to not using encryption everything starts
to work again.

> I'm using a selfsigned cert that I generated with java keytool.
>
> I am using the latest versions of ApacheDS and of the Apache Ldap client API. I'm happy
to provide you any information you need to help me debug this issue.

> Any help to get me on the right track is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

do you et at least one entry ?

How big are the entries ?

Also could you provide the code you use on teh client side ?

Last, not least, ApacheDS version, LDAP API version and Java version,
please :-)

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny